Voicu & Filipescu Privacy Notice for clients and/or partners
Voicu & Filipescu is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information that we receive from our clients and/or partners and process on their behalf and would like such processing to be open and transparent.
Voicu & Filipescu is responsible for your personal data. Voicu & Filipescu comprises Voicu & Filipescu SCA, Voicu & Filipescu Tax Advisers S.R.L. and V.F. Insolvenţă SPRL (referred to collectively as “Voicu & Filipescu” or “we” or “our“).
For the purposes of applicable data protection law (in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (the “GDPR“)), your data will be controlled by the Voicu & Filipescu entity that you have instructed or that is providing services to you or communicating to you and each such entity is regarded as an independent data controller of your personal data. This Notice applies to all such entities.
- The types of information we collect
We collect your personal information when you provide it to us. “Personal information” is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. We may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with our site. And we may collect information from other sources, such as social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content.
We may collect and process the following personal data from you:
- Identity and contact data, including your name, address, telephone number, date of birth and other personal data concerning your preferences relevant to our services;
- Financial and payment data, including your bank account and other data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention;
- Business information, including information provided in the course of the contractual or client relationship between you or your organization and Voicu & Filipescu, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you or your organization;
- Profile and usage data, including your preferences in receiving marketing information from us, your communication preferences and information about how you use our website;
- Technical Data, including information collected during your visits to our website, the Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, device type, time zone setting and other details of your visit to our site and the resources that you access;
- Video and other data, relating to details of your visits to our premises;
- Curriculum vitae information: we may collect, store and use your contact details and other information as contained in your job application, curriculum vitae and covering letter, as well as any references provided or obtained, for the purposes of processing your application and for general recruitment and selection purposes;
- Sensitive personal data: In the course of our client services, we may represent you and/or your organization in legal matters that require us to collect and use sensitive personal information relating to you (that is, information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, or details of criminal offences, or genetic or biometric data).
- How do we collect your personal data?
The circumstances in which we may collect personal data about you include:
- when you or your organization seek legal advice from us or use any of our online client services;
- when you or your organization offer to provide, or provides, services to us;
- when you correspond with us by phone, email or other electronic means, or in writing, or when you provide other information directly to us, including in conversation with our lawyers, consultants and staff;
- when you or your organization browse, complete a form or make an enquiry or otherwise interact on our website or other online platforms;
- when you attend our seminars or other events or sign up to receive personal data from us, including training;
- for recruitment and selection purposes.
Where we need to collect personal data by law or in order to process your instructions or perform an agreement we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to carry out your instructions or perform the agreement we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel our engagement or agreement you have with us, but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- How will we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data only for the following purposes:
- to provide you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us) with legal, fiscal and insolvency advice or other information that you have requested from us and to provide you legal representation services in litigation and arbitration cases;
- to invoice you for services we have provided to you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us);
- to keep records of the work we have carried out for you (or the company on behalf of which you instruct us);
- to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing materials relating to our services and to invite you to seminars or other events hosted by us, unless you would prefer us not to do (see your rights below);
- to provide the services based on legal obligations or obligations imposed upon Voicu & Filipescu by the statute governing the legal profession (e.g. a know-your-client obligation).
- to comply with our legal obligations, including maintaining records, compliance checks or screening and recording (e.g. anti-money laundering, trade registers checks, financial and credit checks, fraud and crime prevention and detection, trade sanctions and embargo laws). This may include automated checks of personal data you provide about your identity against relevant databases and contacting you to confirm your identity, or making records of our communications with you for compliance purposes;
- to manage access to our premises and for security purposes, when you visit our offices;
- to protect the security of our communications and other systems and to prevent and detect security threats, frauds or other criminal or malicious activities;
- to process applications for employment or internships;
- to exercise or defend our legal rights, or to comply with court orders;
- for any other purposes related and/or ancillary to any of the above or any other purposes for which your personal data was provided to us.
We may process your personal data in connection with any of the purposes set out above on one or more of the following legal grounds:
- because it is necessary for us to do so to perform your instructions or another agreement with you or your organization;
- to comply with our legal obligations as well as to keep records of our compliance processes or tax records;
- because our legitimate interests, or those of a third party recipient of your personal data, make the processing necessary, provided that those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- because you have expressly given us your consent to process your personal data in that manner.
We will only provide you with marketing related information after you have, where legally required to do so, opted in to receive those communications and having provided the opportunity for you to opt out at any time.
We will not use your personal data for taking any automated decisions affecting or creating profiles other than as described above.
- Disclosure of your personal data
We may share your personal data:
- with any entity of Voicu & Filipescu;
- with third parties including certain service providers we have retained in connection with the legal services we provide, such as consultants, or experts and other legal specialists such as law firms or other sub-contractors for obtaining specialist or foreign legal advice, translators, couriers, or other necessary entities;
- if we have collected your personal data in the course of providing legal services to any of our clients, we may disclose it to that client, and where permitted by law to others for the purpose of providing those services;
- with courts, law enforcement authorities, regulators, government officials or attorneys or other parties where it is reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal or equitable claim, or for the purposes of a confidential alternative dispute resolution process.
- Security of your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Updating personal data about you
If any of the personal data that you have provided to us changes, for example if you change your email address or if you wish to cancel any request you have made of us, or if you become aware we have any inaccurate personal data about you, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
- Your Rights
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data, such as:
- Access:You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you. There are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information;
- Accuracy:We aim to keep your personal data accurate, current, and complete;
- Objecting:In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data.
- Porting:In certain circumstances, you have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a commonly used, machine-readable format.
- Erasure:You have the right to erase your personal data when the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when, among other things, your personal data have been unlawfully processed.
- Complaints:If you believe that your data protection rights may have been breached, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority, or to seek a remedy through the courts.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting email@example.com together with a proof of your identity, i.e. a copy of your ID card, or passport, or any other valid identifying document.
- Right to withdraw consent
If you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you have the right to fully or partly withdraw your consent. To withdraw your consent please follow the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for further processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Withdrawal of consent to receive marketing communications will not affect the processing of personal data for the provision of our legal services.
- How long we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements and, where required for Voicu & Filipescu to assert or defend against legal claims, until the end of the relevant retention period or until the claims in question have been settled.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
If you want to learn more about our specific retention periods for your personal data established in our retention policy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update and change this Notice from time to time in order to reflect any changes to the way in which we process your personal data or changing legal requirements. Any changes we may make to our Notice in the future will be posted on this page. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our Notice.
- Contact details
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Privacy Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending a letter to Voicu & Filipescu, Str. Ernest Brosteanu nr. 31, București, sector 1, România.
Last updated May 14, 2018